Like all parents, I love my children unconditionally!
Years ago, when they were very young, I couldn't always slow down and be everything they needed. I didn't even know how! The dailiness was overwhelming sometimes.
After working with young children and parents for over 20 years, I now know parents can't be everything to their children but they can provide the space for these essential qualities:
- Young children thrive and find safety in loving boundaries and simple, daily rhythms.
- They live in the moment and are not yet cognitive thinkers.
- Their play is imaginative and inspired by their environment.
- They learn through unhurried observation and they imitate everyone and everything around them.
- They love meaningful work and using their bodies and are happiest when doing a task alongside us.
Knowing this is like unlocking a BIG secret. The secret to loving connections, smooth transitions, harmonious family moments which create the strong foundation children need to become confident, compassionate and courageous adults.
And we definitely need more of those in our world!
Knowing this secret is one thing, implementing is another. It will take work but I've got the tools and I'm here to help you create the space for so much joy and connection with your child!
"To say I'm eternally grateful for Somer Serpe would be an understatement. She has shown me how to trust my innate wisdom as a mother, slow down and truly enjoy my children, and revel in the natural rhythms of the seasons.
Take any chance you get to learn from this sage guide and reclaim the magic of parenthood before it passes you by."
- Jenny Fenig, mother of 3